He swore an oath to the Lord,
he made a vow to the Mighty One of Jacob:
“I will not enter my house
or go to my bed,
I will allow no sleep to my eyes
or slumber to my eyelids,
till I find a place for the Lord,
a dwelling for the Mighty One of Jacob.”
Psalm 132:2-5 (NIV)
When have I…
- …put God’s priorities ahead of my own?
- …eschewed momentary appetites for eternal purposes?
- …sacrificed my comfort to address God’s concern?
- …allowed spiritual hunger to rob me of sleep?
- …swore to God, and it was a good and serious thing?
- …been concerned about finding a space in my day, home, marriage, family, occupation, and life for God to dwell?