Speaking of ten years leading our community theatre, for Top Five Tuesday, here are my Top Five favorite moments from the past ten years of community theatre:
- Spearheading the effort to raise money and replace the stage curtains.
- Watching the implementation, growth, and success of our group’s annual summer Drama Camp which is inspiring and launching a whole new generation of young actors, writers, directors, stage hands, and lovers of theatre.
- Watching people who have never been on stage before experience the natural high you get that first opening night.
- Being on stage with Wendy and both of our daughters in different productions. I love that the stage is something that our family has experienced together.
- Looking around at the picnic last night and seeing multiple generations of amazing people from those who founded our organization over a quarter century ago, to those who have been doing the blocking and tackling in recent years, to a flock of “theatre kids” who will lead our future.