I ask you to receive her in the Lord in a way worthy of his people….
This morning, I am pleasantly struck by the number of women Paul mentions in his final greetings to the followers of Jesus in Rome, as well as the honor he bestows on them:
- Phoebe, a deacon and benefactor of believers
- Priscilla – who risked her life for Paul and others, and opened her home to be a meeting place.
- Mary, who worked hard for the Roman believers
- Tryphena, who works hard in the Lord
- Tryphosa, who works hard in the Lord
- Persis, who works hard in the Lord
- The mother of Rufus, who mothered Paul
- The sister of Nereus
Paul’s ministry, like Jesus’ before him, was made largely possible by incredible, honored women who were providers, risk takers, and tireless co-workers.
Today, I’m thankful for the incredible, honored women with whom God has surrounded me. Intelligent, diligent, industrious, capable, passionate, priceless, tireless, (and gorgeous, btw). I am a raving fan of the fairer sex.