So I learned today that it was “Kiss a Ginger” day and #Kissaginger was the top trending topic on twitter. Redheads have historically gotten a bit of a bad rap, kind of like lefties (Wendy and I are both lefties). I immediately warned our daughter, Madison, to be prepared for any unwanted advances. I then started thinking about the red heads I’d want to kiss … appropriately!
For Top Five Tuesday, here are five red heads I’d give an appropriate smooch:
- Wendy has red streaks in her curly locks. So I would, first and foremost, appropriately give a deep and passionate lip lock to the only woman I care to truly kiss. That is, I would kiss her if I were home tonight (but will take a rain check until Friday!).
- Our daughter, Madison, would then get a loving, paternal peck on the top of her carrot topped head.
- I would give Carol Burnett a traditional show biz peck on each cheek if I had a chance to meet her and thank her for a lifetime of laughs.
- Sarah “Fergie” Ferguson is one of my “brushes with greatness” as I unexpectedly looked up to see her standing right in front of me at O’Hare one late night many moons ago. Love her pluck, and the charisma was oozing out of her as I understood in a moment why she is so beloved by so many. So a peck on the cheek for the cheeky lass.
- Finally, and just for the fun of it, my “fantasy” pick goes to an anonymous red haired lass in a Dublin pub.