The craziness of the autumn season has hit. Kids are back in school. Church and community activities are back in full swing. Clients’ summer vacations are over and everyone is back to needing their projects done. It’s strange to hear football on the radio. Did we even have a summer? It’s been a crazy week, and it doesn’t look any better in the near future. Here’s a quick snapshot:
- Wendy has had a couple of unexpected work projects that have had her working evenings and she worked yesterday. At least they’re keeping her out of trouble 😉
- We were able to see Heidi, Jesse and Josh for a few minutes this week when we made a quick run to Iowa City. Unfortunately, we missed out on seeing little Sophia.
- Taylor is still working on support. She is just over half way to having what she needs for the first part of the DTS program. She’s been putting in hours and Smokey Row and the hospital as well. I think it’s been strange for her not to be in school and watching all of her friends going off to college.
- Madison is back in the swing of school and has been working at the local florist one evening a week and Saturdays. When I asked her how school was this week, the answer was "school."
- Madison was cast as Ernestine in USP’s Cheaper by the Dozen, which is one of the major roles. Her character narrates the play. I was cast in a small role as Dr. Burton. Wendy is producing.
- I had a trip to the Twin Cities last week and will be there three days this coming week.
- It’s been a quiet Labor Day weekend for us. We both have a full day at church this morning. Wendy is directing video in all services while I play with the worship team. We’re going to be in Des Moines tonight. Wendy has the finishing touches put on her new tattoo and then we’re meeting our friends Kevin and Becky for some wine and conversation. Tomorrow is going to be some work around the house and then it’s eirflensje (Dutch crepes) night at Grandpa and Grandma Vander Wells.
Happy Labor Day everyone!