Follow the steps of good men instead,
and stay on the paths of the righteous. Proverbs 2:20 (NLT)
As I walk this life journey, I travel in the footsteps of good men and women. I have been blessed with a host of mentors who made a positive difference in my life:
- Parents who love God and taught their children the values of honesty, hospitality, hard work, loving your neighbors well and serving others the way they’d want to be served.
- Grandparents who laid their own set of footprints for my parents and siblings.
- Siblings who loved their little brother, protected him, and let him hang around.
- Primary teachers who cared about me as a person, who prayed for me without my knowing it and encouraged me to develop my talents and abilities.
- Friends who encouraged me to do the right things.
- Spiritual mentors who took me under their wing, taught my by example, and poured more time and energy into me than I deserved.
- College professors who put up with a young man’s maddening mix of pride and insecurity while patiently pushing and pruning.
- Business mentors who led me by their every day example.
We all follow in the footsteps of others. Choose well.
If you haven’t chosen well, today is a good day to find different footsteps to follow.
- Wisdom’s Whisper (tomvanderwell.wordpress.com)
- A Day in the Life of a Fool. (kendmiller.wordpress.com)
- In life, you need a mentor (or mentors) (patricktay.wordpress.com)
- Relationships (howtobeagoodgodlyman.wordpress.com)
- Purpose – the Ultimate Anchor (moderndaymomme.wordpress.com)
- Hollywood Moments of Decision (tomvanderwell.wordpress.com)