You’ll remember, friends, that when I first came to you to let you in on God’s master stroke, I didn’t try to impress you with polished speeches and the latest philosophy. I deliberately kept it plain and simple: first Jesus and who he is; then Jesus and what he did—Jesus crucified. 1Corinthians 2:1-2 (TM)
I’ve never been great with theology. I appreciate people who know all the ins and outs of the various "isms" and schisms of which groups believes just what on this doctrine and that. I’m indebted to those who have the mind to explore the depths of Christian thought and belief. Jesus seemed to keep things pretty simple, conveying eternal truths in simple stories and word pictures, and I like to try and follow in His footsteps.
- Because we choose to do the things we shouldn’t do and choose not to do the things we should, we fall short of a perfect and holy God – we’re separated from Him.
- Because we’re separated from God, we are condemned to die, and that’s a dilemma.
- To solve the dilemma, God sent His son, Jesus, to come and die in our place, and be raised from the dead to bridge the gap and make the way for us to be one with God.
- Believe what Jesus has done and receive Him into your heart, and you’ll no longer be a stranger to God, you’ll become his child.
- Now, love God and love others more than you do yourself.
It’s not rocket science.